Summer Recycling Collection Trial for parts of McCracken, Hayborough and Chiton
The Fleurieu Regional Waste Authority (FRWA) along with the Alexandrina Council and the City of Victor Harbor are committed to improving its kerbside waste collection service and increasing the amount of material recycled.
This summer, FRWA is trialling the weekly collection of Recycle bins and Food Organics Green Organics (FOGO) bins in parts of McCracken, Hayborough and Chiton as shown above.
DURATION – 6 weeks over the peak summer period
- Starts on bin collection day Wednesday 23 December 2020
- Ends on bin collection day Wednesday 27 January 2021
COLLECTIONS – During the Summer Recycling Collection Trial period
- Recycle (yellow lid) and Food Organics Green Organics (green lid) bins will be collected WEEKLY
- General Waste to Landfill (blue lid) bin will continue to be collected FORTNIGHTLY
- Collection day remains the same – WEDNESDAY (bins to be put out the night before)
- FRWA’s online kerbside waste collection search by street name now shows new collection cycle for Trial area – CLICK HERE to CHECK Kerbside Bin Collection
- A full list of the streets and in some cases house numbers included in the trial area can be downloaded – CLICK HERE
- Exceptional Circumstances (EC) bins at addresses within the trial area will continue to be collected fortnightly in cycle with general waste bins (trial area only)
RESOURCE KITS containing the following resources
- resident letter
- temporary Kerbside Bin Collection Calendar – CLICK HERE
- bin sticker for recycling bin – CLICK HERE
- bin sticker for food organics and green organics bin – CLICK HERE
- Fridge magnet – outlining Which Bin should be used – CLICK HERE
will be delivered to property street addresses in the week commencing 30 November 2020 to support residents during the trial period.