MAKES SENSE TO SAVE 10c – RECYCLE WHAT YOU CAN
CDL – BOTLLES, CANS, DRINK CARTONS
South Australia introduced its container deposit legislation (CDL) in 1977, and in 2017 celebrated its 40th anniversary. Our container deposit scheme continues to be a highly successful environmental program aimed at litter reduction and resource recovery.
CDL containers are worth 10c and it does add up quickly – sort these containers in to separate bags or boxes and take to South Coast Recycling and Scrap Metal Phone: 8552 1716 – co-located with FRWA at the Waste and Recycling Depot, Goolwa, Maude Street, Victor Harbor and Bartlett Street, Yankalilla – CLICK HERE FOR SOUTH COAST RECYCLING WEBSITE to check opening times.
SALEABLE ITEMS – FURNITURE, HOUSEHOLD GOODS, SPORTING EQUIPMENT
Any items which can be recycled or re-purposed and can have another life can be offered to local charities.
Salvage and Save (now part of the MOBO group) accept household goods which are suitable for re-sale – Phone: 8555 3200 – co-located with FRWA at the Waste and Recycling Depot, Goolwa. CLICK HERE FOR SALVAGE AND SAVE WEBSITE
SORT YOUR LOAD to SAVE – if you are coming to a FRWA depot to dispose of items at end of life
Sort your load as you are cleaning up around the house, so it is easier to unload the trailer (and save on disposal fees) when you get the to FRWA Waste and Recycling Depots.
Disposal of the following items is FREE at all FRWA Waste and Recycling Depots and Kangaroo Island Resource Recovery Centre (KIRRC)
- E-waste – intact old televisions, electrical goods, computers and computer screens (charges apply for items which are broken)
- Oil – motor or cooking oil
- Fluorescent, halogen and normal household globes (not to be disposed of in kerbside waste)
- Batteries – all types (most Councils also have disposal boxes for small household batteries)
- Scrap Metal – including metal white goods (no car bodies)