New Opening Hours and Fees and Charges from 1 February 2020 – Goolwa and Strathalbyn Waste and Recycling Depot-
Effective 1 February 2020
- Goolwa Waste and Recycling Depot – NEW opening time of 8.30am weekdays for all loads (no early opening)
- Strathalbyn Waste and Recycling Depot – CLOSED every Monday
- New Prices apply for GOOLWA and STRATHALBYN Waste and Recycling Depots
(posted 22 January 2020 10.30am)
FLEURIEU REGIONAL WASTE AUTHORITY – CHANGES TO WASTE MANAGEMENT SERVICES
The changing landscape of waste and resource recovery has necessitated the Fleurieu Regional Waste Authority (FRWA) making changes to its waste management services.
In July 2019, the State government increased the solid waste levy that applies to every tonne of waste sent to landfill in South Australia by 10%. The levy was increased by a further 27% from 1 January 2020. The cost of processing a range of recyclable waste streams has also increased.
To ensure these increases do not impact on the general rates, Alexandrina Council and FRWA have investigated a number of options to minimise, wherever possible, the impact on our community. Despite cost saving measures that have already been identified and implemented, unfortunately more are required. Further cost recovery is needed, quite simply, to meet the increasing cost of delivering waste and recycling services. To this end, some fees and services will change;
- From 1 February 2020, gate fees at the Goolwa and Strathalbyn Waste and Recycling depots will increase by 7% for residential customers and 20% for commercial customers.
Additionally, there will be some alteration to opening hours from 1 February 2020;
- The Goolwa Waste and Recycling Depot will now open at 8.30am weekdays for both commercial and residential customers.
- The Strathalbyn Waste and Recycling Depot will no longer open on Mondays.
The Fleurieu Regional Waste Authority and its partner councils will continue to seek innovative and cost effective ways to minimise and manage the region’s waste and recoverable resources on behalf of the community. We acknowledge and commend the community for their ongoing commitment to recycling and waste minimisation.
For further information on pricing and waste and recycling please visit the FRWA website www.frwa.com.au or contact FRWA’s customer service on 8555 7405
CLICK HERE – to check the new operational hours and Fees and Charges for Goolwa and Strathalbyn Waste and Recycling Depots