Fortnightly Kerbside Collection Started 1 July 2019 – City of Victor Harbor
Fortnightly kerbside collections of all three waste types started in City of Victor Harbor today – Monday 1 July 2019.
The decision to change to fortnightly kerbside collection from 1 July 2019 was made by Victor Harbor Council on 25 February 2019.
The decision was based on
- the ever increasing costs of disposal of general waste in landfill – landfill disposal and State Government Solid Waste Disposal Levy are applied per tonne
- COVH resident requests for more kerbside recycling (yellow lid bin) and Food Organic and green Organics (FOGO) collection
- the success residents in other Council districts have achieved in diverting waste away from landfill and into recycling and Food Organics ad Green Organics (FOGO)
- Alexandrina Council residents achieved – 19 % reduction in waste to landfill: 63% increase in FOGO and 31% increase in recycling in the first year
- resident requests for more kerbside recycling (yellow lid bin) and Food Organic and green Organics (FOGO) collection
- need for all to contribute to reducing the environmental impact of landfill.
Frequently Asked Questions and about the new fortnightly kerbside collection service in Victor Harbor are available for download – DOWNLOAD HERE