Recycle Right and Recycle More – Bin tagging Commences in Yankalilla – Recycle and Win !
A 12 week Recycle More, Recycle Right educational bin tagging and inspection program commenced yesterday (11 February 2019) within several areas of the District Council of Yankalilla.
Bins in all three (3) waste streams will be tagged during the next three (3) months with just over 450 households involved – just so you know
- bins are tagged every week during this 12 week event
- bins tagging starts very early in the morning and the collection truck will come around after bin tagging has concluded
- kerbside collection times will vary – leave your bin kerbside
Key messages from other bin tagging events in other Councils districts on the southern Fleurieu are -:
- hard plastic – rigid items LIKE berry containers, cream, yoghurt, margarine containers (clean) and lids, and even inside of biscuit packs -go in the RECYCLE BIN (yellow lid)
- soft plastic – plastic which scrunches up easily in your hand – LIKE cling film, shopping bags, outside of biscuit packs, dog biscuit packs, rice packets, net fruit bags – go in the GENERAL WASTE BIN (blue lid)
- pizza boxes – clean can go in the RECYCLE bin – if food residue remains they can go in the GREEN ORGANICS BIN (light green lid)
and GO BAGLESS in the RECYCLE BIN – do not bag your recycling.
Remember this is an educational project during which we expect that some residents will learn how to recycle more, your bin will be tagged every week with a
- Thank you
‘bin tag’ to assist you to understand what can and what should not be recycled in the kerbside bin – your bin will still be emptied.
Recycle More, Recycle Right AND WIN – Rewarding Residents Who Recycle
Households which receive ‘Thank You’ bin tags on all three (3) bins will go into the draw to win a voucher for a
- a compost bin,
- worm farm,
- load of mulch,
- or a bin spring to keep your bin lid closed in windy weather.
This educational project is jointly funded by a Green Industries SA grant, FRWA and the District Council of Yankalilla. All households to be included in this bin tagging event will have received a letter (delivered by hand) on Monday 4 February 2019, outlining the bin tagging process